5 ways to remain in your 30s forever, healthwise
The healthy lifestyle habits you ignore now could set the stage for a less than healthy life in your 40s and beyond.
- Total Shares
Let's be honest, your 30s are the most occupied decade of your life. Ages 30 to 39 are prime time for most of us with a lot of commitments, as well as responsibility towards career, home and family.
For many, turning 30 marks the genuine start of adulthood, where you may have major life milestones. You’re established in a career, and perhaps in a relationship. You might be thinking about starting a family, or may already be married and have kids.
You may have a new family and young children to care for. It’s an exciting time in life, as well as the most important decade that will lay the foundation for the rest of your life - your career, your personal relationships, friendships and even your health!
Yes, the 30s are the prime of life and you have all the energy and excitement with which to approach it. You feel quite great about yourself, and all the careless activities of your 20s - recall those all-night parties and how you still managed to make it to work the next day? - haven’t taken much of a health toll.
But the healthy lifestyle habits you ignore now could set the stage for a less than healthy life in your 40s and beyond.
Get started today. Here's how to have the health of your 30s for the rest of your life.
1) Stop stressing: When was the last time you truly relaxed? Relaxation should be part of your daily life. If you can figure out how to kill your stress for a while, you may prevent many illnesses.
Make an effort to master time and your stress level will drop - leaving you to age healthfully and reduce your risk for chronic illnesses.
2) Live a balanced life: By the time we are in our 30s, we are all at the point we’ve chosen, but we try to do too much and when we feel pressured, we don't eat right and skip exercise.
The responsibilities and busy schedules in our life can make it difficult for us to maintain a healthy balance. So it becomes important that we take care of our mind and body by working upon an overall healthy lifestyle.Sleep enough and don't collapse with stress. (Photo credit: India Today)
3) Have fun: The 30s are always exciting. You are wiser, with experiences to share. It’s important to have fun and enjoy the prime of your life, while taking care of responsibilities.
Explore your passion, whether it is music, writing, photography or even a business. This is the time when your private or personal life is going to play a major role in your happiness, success and satisfaction. Socialise more. Bottom line - enjoy your 30s!
4) Sleep, rest and rejuvenate: Sleep is a healthy habit. Up to 7-8 hours is ideal but everyone is different. Take action to make sure you get enough sleep every night and be sure to see a doctor if you think you might have a sleep problem. Not getting enough rest not only affects your body but also influences how well you work and how much you enjoy life.
5) Focus on preventive health: We know you’re busy, but it’s time to start screening and testing. Don't think that because you are "just" 30 you are not at danger for illnesses. Diabetes, high blood pressure and other lifestyle illnesses may be already starting in your body.
You have to catch them quick and make a move now to reduce them. Time to talk to your health and wellness coach about preventive healthcare, and make (and keep) those appointments.
How you maintain your health and well-being during your 30s indeed largely determines your health for the rest of your life. Striking a balance between home life and work life is critical. Are things in balance?
Do changes need to be made? A health and wellness coach can help you achieve the right balance. Getting it right can reduce a tremendous amount of stress in your life.