Amber Heard returned to the stand on May 16, to continue her testimony in her and Johnny Depp’s ongoing defamation trial. It has been five weeks since the trial began.
Heard was cross-examined by Depp’s advocate, Camille Vasquez.
Here are 10 important things Heard revealed in her latest testimony:
1. On her third-day of testimony, Heard claimed that during the ex-couple’s honeymoon in 2015, after Depp finished shooting for Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge, Depp assaulted her on their last night on the Orient Express train journey.
Heard said that Depp was seeking her permission to break his sobriety but had already been consuming a "brown liquor" that night.
"It was a small narrow sleeper car, and there were two beds, one on each side," Heard said. "He had me up against the wall while he's standing on the floor in between the beds, and I was on the bed kind of half kneeling, half standing, trying to get his arms off my neck. And he was squeezing my neck against the railway car for what felt like a very long time," The Aquaman actor said.
2. Talking about her potential project with James Franco, Heard testified that Depp was unhappy with the project as it required her to film sex scenes or appearing nude on screen, and called her a w****.
3. During Heard’s testimony, jurors also got to hear an audio from July 2015 of Depp yelling, "You are not a schoolteacher. Shut the f*** up. Listen to me, and then you can f****** respond. Understand? You ain't nobody's f****** mom. You ain't no schoolteacher. Don't pretend to be f****** authoritative with me. You don't f****** exist."
4. Heard also addressed the viral video of her admitting to hitting Depp. In the video, Heard is heard saying, “I was hitting you. I was not punching you. Babe, you're not punched."
You can listen to the video here:
Amber Heard hits Johnny Depp then tells him he's not brave because he splits when she gets violent and starts throwing things at him (Which she admits). This is one of many audios she's objecting, she doesn't want the jury to listen to the audios #JusticeForJohnnyDepp #AmberHeard pic.twitter.com/PfgTzf9nHf— Liv :) (@MJbelieve117) April 1, 2022
Heard told the jury she's talking about the difference in hers and Depp’s "physicality" during their physical fights in the video. Heard stated that Depp was "proactively" punching her, and she was "reactively" hitting him.
She said the incident mwntioned in the video is of when she was attempting to hide in a bedroom and Depp was trying to break in. "I hit his arms, his body as he was trying to prevent me from closing the door. I knew what he would do to me when he got to the other side," said the actor.
5. One of the accusations on Heard is that she left fecal matter on Depp’s bed (which has led to a SNL sketch and a Chris Rock joke) but Heard has denied this.
She claimed that it was the couple's dog, a teacup yorkshire terrier, who has a history of bowel problems, did the deed.
“I tried to point out how that didn't make sense. ... My friends wouldn't do that," Heard said. "That's not something a bunch of 30-year-old women think is funny. What is he talking about? And he just kept going on and on about it.”
Heard also claimed that Depp hit their neighbour and Heard’s friend, Raquel, during the episode.
6. During her testimony, Heard also described how she met Elon Musk. In May 2016, Depp and Heard were both meant to attend the Met Gala as guests for the designer brand Ralph Lauren.
But in the days leading up to the event, Heard could not contact Depp or his team and eventually ended up walking the Met Gala carpet alone. It was on the carpet that Heard made acquaintance with Musk.
[Musk] was there with his mother. He reminded me we had met before ... He seemed like a real gentlemen. He was really nice," Heard said.
7. When questioned about her makeup routine to cover up her bruises, Heard was shown the Milani Cosmetics Conceal + Perfect All-in-One Correcting Kit that her lawyer had previously claimed she used to cover up bruises, and she testified that she used something similar to the kit.
This is what I was talking about as a colour correction kit," Heard described. "This is not, obviously, the exact one I used to carry, but I used to carry with me all the time. She told the court that called her makeup as her bruise kit.
8. In her very long testimony, Heard has also testified that her sister, Whitney taught Depp how to snort cocaine through a tampon applicator.
Vasquez questioned, "When you snort cocaine typically it goes into your nose and then it doesn't stay on the table. There's residue from that cocaine when your lips and hose touch the table, right?"
"Well," Heard answered, "the tampon applicator next to the driver's license that you see is a device that I believe my sister had taught him to use in order to put the cocaine in."
When Vasquez asked whether Heard had a photo of Depp snorting cocaine, Heard said she didn’t.
9. Through the cross-examination by Depp’s lawyer Camille Vasquez, it was revealed that Heard has not yet fulfilled her pledge to donate the US $7 million she received as divorce settlement. The money was meant to be divided between the American Civil Liberties Union and a California children's hospital.
watch Ms. Amber Heard lying under oath again and again while talking about her 7 million settlement donation. gurl, you’re going down. go Camille! #JohnnyDeppVsAmberHeardTrial #DeppVsHeard #DeppHeardTrial #JusticeForJohnnyDepp #AmberHeardIsALiar #AmberTurd #MePoo pic.twitter.com/3a2sA3fcbe— peanatxo (@peanatxo) May 16, 2022
Heard testified that she hasn’t donated the money because Depp has sued her.
10. During Vasquez’s cross examination, viewers were finally able to know why Depp was not looking at Heard during the trial. Vasquez played an audio clip from July 2016, in which the jury got to hear Depp say, "You will not see my eyes again" to Heard.