5 reasons you don't need to go gymming in 2016
Follow these simple home workout techniques which will keep you fit.
- Total Shares
It's that time of the year again, when we will make unrealistic fitness goals as a part of our New Year resolution! The same fitness goals, which we are struggling to achieve from the last few years.
This year again it would be déjà vu, where we would be super charged and motivated to finally knock them out of the park and get the body of our dreams.
This enthusiasm will again make us renew our annual gym membership, which we barely used in the last year (probably only for a few weeks, that too same time of the year)
But lets be practical. This enthusiasm will not last for more than two weeks. Because we are impatient and are desperate for quick results, ignorant of the fact that scientifically it takes at least six weeks for body to start responding to any training stimulus; which would make us want to quit.
Now hold on. This year could be different. So how about if you save up on your gym membership? Follow these simple home workout techniques which will keep you fit and will also help you come closer to your fitness goal.
At least, it is better than doing nothing. It can be a challenging task to keep up with your gym routine, especially when you are a working professional, continuously on the go. The irregular gym routine, can be demotivating and often derail us from our fitness goal.
So here is what you can do:
1. Stairs: You can convert your society stairs into a cardio zone. Sprinting up and down for two-three rounds can set your metabolism cranking, which helps you in burning calories throughout the day with ease. All you need is 15 mins in the morning.
2. Locality park: If you love outdoors, then a 15 mins jog in the park will freshen you up and also increase your work productivity. Productivity means efficiency which may get you the long due promotion this year.
3. Cycling: If you are the adventurous kind, you can also try cycling to work. If you live in Delhi, this is just the right time for you to do your bit for the rising city pollution.
4. Skipping: If you are feeling too lazy to step out, invest in a jumping rope for Rs 200 and start skipping on your terrace or in the living room (without making too much of noise).
5. No-equipment-home-workout: If you don't want to spend even a buck, you can perform a circuit training session in your balcony including 25 jumping jacks, 15 push-ups, 25 air squats. This is a complete body workout which get you going for the whole day.