Snoop Dogg, the iconic rapper and the poster boy of cannabis enthusiasm, on Thursday, November 16, announced his decision to "quit smoking". Known for his unabashed love for weed, the 52-year-old artist took to social media to share the news, leaving fans and the internet in a state of shock.
However, he did not make it clear if he would just stop smoking or smoking pot.
- Snoop's announcement, made in a black-and-white post, read,
"After much consideration & conversation with my family, I've decided to give up smoke. Please respect my privacy at this time."
- While some fans expressed support, others were quick to doubt the sincerity of the rapper's decision, with many speculating if it was an elaborate prank or a promotional stunt.
- Social media was quick to explode with reactions and memes as fans grappled with the unexpected news. This follower, an ardent pupil vowed to smoke on his behalf.
- One user humorously commented, "Today isn't April Fools' Day, Snoop," showing the disbelief.
- Another user was quick to affirm that nobody dared to reject a joint from Snoop, not even a cop.
- One user gave Snoop a makeover and predicted how he would look after a week of being not high.
- Another fan joked, "I can't get over the fact that homie dropped this statement like he lost a loved one."
- Meanwhile, one suggested, "Bro going through something."
- Some users playfully predicted the short-lived nature of his commitment, with comments like, "I give this 3 hours" and "He staying sober till Thanksgiving."
Snoop Dogg's weed legacy
- Snoop Dogg's association with weed has been a defining element of his public image, and his decision to quit smoking marks a potential shift in his lifestyle.
- Known for his cannabis businesses and collaborations, including the recent launch of "Best Buds Bags" with Martha Stewart, the rapper has been an influential figure in weed culture.
- The guy even smoked up inside the White House. What else!