Salman Khan’s Tiger 3, which started with a bang, collecting Rs 44.5 crore on its opening day, surprisingly has recorded a huge dip in collections on the fourth day. The film’s collections dipped drastically on the fourth day by 50%, collecting only Rs 22 crore.
The fall in collections must come as a surprise to many producers because it was the holiday of Bhai Dooj, and the footfall at the theatres and multiplexes was expected to be higher.
Why the fall in collections?
- The semi-final between India and New Zealand on November 15 could be a big reason for the fall in occupancy in the theatres.
- Since it was a day-night match, the audience didn’t flock to cinema halls to watch the movie.
- Thereby, there might be a fall in box office collections today and on Sunday as well, as the World Cup final is slated to take place on November 19, 2023.
- Second, a section of the audience also has shown reservations with the storyline of the movie.
- According to Manoj Desai, owner of Gaiety Galaxy, the film's storyline showing Salman Khan saving a Pakistani PM has not gone down well with fans.
- Acknowledging a huge fall in collections, Desai, speaking to YouTube channel Viral Bollywood, said that even though he has not watched the movie, what he has heard is that the storyline has irked some fans.
- For Salman, Desai said, "Ab wo super-duper hit wali baat nahi rahi (The superstar aura of Salman is over)."
- In the last few years, Salman Khan has delivered movies with very weak scripts, like Kisi ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan, Radhe, and Dabangg 3, which has annoyed a large section of the audience.
- This is also believed to have hit Salman’s credibility, which might affect the collections of Tiger 3.
- The film has collected Rs 169.5 crore in four days, with the worldwide total at Rs 250.73 crore.
- If the collections keep falling, Tiger 3 might not go beyond Rs 400 crore worldwide, which will be a huge setback for Salman Khan.
- Tiger 3’s comparison would be with Shah Rukh Khan’s Jawan and Pathaan, both of which raked in more than Rs 1,000 crore worldwide; and even Sunny Deol’s Gadar, which made over Rs 691.08 crore worldwide.
- The next 10 days would be crucial for Tiger 3 at the box office. The film, which is the third part of Tiger series, stars Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif and Emraan Hashmi in pivotal roles.