The phrase "Bura na mano, Holi hai" has led to a lot of misconceptions about what kind of behaviour is acceptable while celebrating the festival. In general, we should remember to keep our civility intact and to not make Holi an excuse to inconvenience anyone.
1. Please make sure you don't waste water while playing Holi. Be more responsible.
2. Make sure you respect consent while playing Holi. Play only with those who want to okay with you and never intrude upon anyone's personal space.
3. Please leave animals alone on Holi. There is no need for you to put colours on cows, dogs or any other animal on the streets.
4. Don't attack cars or unsuspecting people with water balloons, colours, eggs or random items.
5. Don't use eggs, grease, ink or other random items to play Holi with. Holi is no excuse to inconvenience anyone.
6. Don't misbehave with anyone under the effect of bhaang or alcohol. Also make sure you don't drive in an intoxicated state.