North Korea released some impressive and scenic photos (that can be passed off as an album cover) of Kim Jong-un overseeing a missile launch and guiding nuclear tactical units this week. The isolated nation uses such propaganda to portray its leaders as God-like figures. In the past also North Korea has taken immense liberties in showing their leaders as superhumans. Here is a list of a few such outlandish claims about their leaders:
1. Kim Jong-il claimed he invented the hamburger, calling it "double bread with meat."
2. Kim Jong-il is claimed to have been born on Korea's most sacred mountain, Mt. Baekdu, under a double rainbow. And apparently at the moment of his birth, a new star formed and illuminated the sky.
3. Kim Jong-il pushed sawdust as the meal of choice for his citizens. He claimed sawdust was full of nutrients and encouraged his citizens to chow down on wood shavings during regular times of famine.
4. It is a part of North Korean school curriculum that Kim Jong-un excelled in arts as a child. He was particularly good at painting. And when he wasn't painting, he was busy composing musical scores.
5. North Korea claims that leaders Kim Jong-il and Kim Il-sung didn't use the bathroom. According to Ranker, these North Korean leaders didn't defecate.
6. According to biographies, Kim Jong-un could drive at the age of three. He was something of a child prodigy, winning yachting races at the age of nine.
7. North Korea's official news claimed that Kim Jong-il has set a worldwide fashion trend. Apparently, the leader's modest grey suits leave a deep impression on people's minds.
8. According to North Korean media, Kim Jong-il was a genius academic and composer. Apparently, he has written 1500 books and has penned six operas.