Instagram reels are the present and most probably the future of content on the platform. The app now offers a lot of features that can help you take your reels to another level.
As short video content format is ruling social media these days, every app has now developed its own version of reels. Reels on Instagram receive the maximum interaction and help creators reach a larger audience.
To help you improve the content on reels, we have a list of lesser-known features that you must know:
1. Add caption: Instagram can help you add subtitles to your videos which you do not have to type manually. Once you choose the ‘captions’ option from the sticker icon, the app will automatically transcribe the video.
And your subtitles are here.
2. Dual camera: This new feature will let you capture from both the cameras on your device at the same time. To use this feature, open the reel camera and you will find the dual camera option along with the other camera features like timer, music and more.
Once turned on, you will see a small section on the screen which will capture an image from the opposite camera.
3. Adjust sound: You can also adjust sounds and music in your Instagram reels. There are three options in the sound feature. You can control the volume of the camera sound, music and sound effects.
The sound effect option lets you add different sounds available to your reel.
4. Slow motion within the app: Not just iPhone users, anyone can make a slow-motion video now with the help of reels.
When you open the reel camera, you will see five options on the left side of the screen. The third option will let you control the speed of the video. You can turn this on and make a slow-motion video with the speed and intensity of your choice.
5. Turn highlight into reels: Highlights on Instagram are a collection of some random, fun stories that we permanently want on our profile.
You can also turn your highlights into a reel within a few seconds. With the help of the new feature, you can turn highlights into reels without adding every photo or video manually.
Simply open the highlight you want to convert and tap on the three dots present at the bottom right corner. You will see 5-6 options, choose it and convert it into a reel.