Most Indian taxpayers have received their tax returns by now. However, some are still waiting. Those who have filed income tax returns on the last day, that is July 31, are yet to receive their returns.
Taxpayers receive their refunds within three weeks of filling their taxes. On the other hand, there are some rare cases where a few taxpayers had to wait for months to get their money back.
If you too are waiting too for all that money, fret not, we have the solution for you.
You can check the status of your refund on incometaxindia.gov.in. Follow the next steps.
Steps to check the status of your pending tax returns
1. Login to the e-Filing portal (www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal)
2. Now, go to the 'refund reissue' option from the services menu. Here, you will see the current status of your refund request.
3. If you want to generate a new one, click on ‘click refund reissue request.’
4. Select the year and record for which you want to apply for the refund.
5. Details such as PAN number, Return Type, Assessment Year (AY), Acknowledgement No, Communication Reference Number, Reason for Refund Failure and Response will be displayed on your screen for verification.
6. Then you will see the option for choosing the bank account where you want the refund to be processed. You will see details of your bank account chosen, like IFSC, code for verification.
7. After this step, you will receive an OTP for verification.
8. After complete verification, the portal will share a transaction ID that you should keep for future reference.
How to view the status of your refund reissue request?
1. Login to ‘e-Filing’ portal
2. Click on ‘My Account’ and choose ‘Service Request’. Now select the ‘Request Type’ as ‘View Request’.
3. You need to now choose the ‘Request Category’ as ‘Refund Reissue’ and click ‘Submit’.
4. You can see your status now.