The roads of Delhi NCR are becoming increasingly unsafe for motorists day by day. In another case of hit, drag, and run, a man narrowly escaped being dragged by a car for nearly 3 km in Gurugram on the night of February 1.
A viral video of the accident shows the car dragging away the bike leaving a trail of sparks.
What happened: The victim, Monu Singh, who works as a bouncer, was waiting by the side of the road on his bike for someone in sector 65 of Gurugram.
- Around 11.30 pm, a car allegedly rammed into a stationary bike.
- Fortunately, Singh fell on the side of the bike and escaped uninjured, even as his bike got stuck under the car.
- The car, however, did not bother to stop and dragged the bike for nearly 3 km.
Suddenly, a speeding car coming from the Ramgarh traffic signal rammed directly into my stationary motorcycle. Due to the collision, I fell on the side and did not sustain any injury. The motorcycle got stuck underneath the car's bumper and the car driver dragged my motorcycle and escaped. The accused was driving negligently.
- Monu Singh said in the FIR
- According to the police, the accused sped towards sector 62, near Golf Course Extension road. The bike later got detached from the car as it struck a crater on the road and the driver escaped.
From the video, the accused car driver has been identified and will be asked to join the investigation. A case has been registered.
- Police official
Several similar cases of hit, drag and run have been reported in Delhi NCR as well as other parts of India. Most tragic were the two separate cases of a 23-year-old girl and a Swiggy delivery executive who were both dragged to death by speeding cars on New Year's eve in Delhi NCR.