Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Union Budget for the year 2022-23 today in the Parliament. Every year, the Budget affects taxpayers and expenses of individuals, businesses, firms and so on. The salaried class also waits for the Budget with big hopes. However, in her shortest Budget speech till date, the Finance Minister declared that this year there is NO change in the income tax slab.
But Budget 2022 has been shocking for those owning digital assets such as cryptocurrency. The FM declared that income from digital assets will fall under the highest tax band in the country. The income from digital assets like cryptocurrencies will now be taxed at 30%.
Now, this came as a disheartening piece of news to all cryptocurrency holders. And how can Twitter keep calm in such a situation? Twitter users shared the best memes describing the real pain of cryptocurrency holders.
We have listed the best ones here.
BUDGET 2022: 10 MEMES CRYPTOCURRENCY HOLDERS CAN RELATE TO RN
1. AFTER THE TAX ANNOUNCEMENT ON CRYPTOCURRENCY, INVESTORS FEEL NOTHING BUT BROKEN
2. THIS MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED SOON AFTER LISTENING TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT
3. ARE CRYPTO HOLDERS PLANNING TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY, JUST LIKE THEM?
4. THE COMPARISON BETWEEN GOVERNMENT AND HAFTA IS BOTH FUNNY AND SAD
5. CRYPTO HOLDERS ARE DEFINITELY SINGING THIS RIGHT NOW
6. THE SHOCKING NEWS CRYPTO HOLDERS RECEIVED IS HARD TO DIGEST AND THEY MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO COPE
7. CRYPTO HOLDERs MIGHT BE AS SAD AS THAT OLD MAN IN SQUID GAME
8. CRYPTO HOLDERS REGRETTING THEIR INVESTMENT DECISIONS LIKE
9. CRYPTO OWNERS ARE AS ANNOYED AS THIS KID RIGHT NOW
10. MEANWHILE, THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRYPTO ARE DANCING RIGHT NOW