It has happened to the best of us, not because we don't care, but because we forget. You'll always be at the receiving end of a Facebook status prank because you've mistakenly left your profile open on your office PC or a friend's laptop. Now, sometimes, people can overreach what can be considered a prank. Some can be in bad taste, some can end relationships and some can certainly end up getting someone fired.
So, here are some pointers to what you can do and what you absolutely mustn't do.
1. If you stumble upon a co-worker's account, which is open, you can type a post "I am fat", which is simple and not very offensive. At least, my boss didn't feel offended when "yours truly" did that. That being said, if you pull that stunt on your girlfriend, chances are you will get dumped.
2. Avoid profanities at all costs. It will not only give away the fact that the account has possibly been hacked, but you may also end up offending someone. And yes, please try and avoid messaging people - like the boss, relative or even a spouse.
3. Change the birthday to the very same day. That's the worse, and yes, the most irritating thing you can do to a person. If you've changed the birthday on Facebook, the person will not realise it and he/she will keep getting bombarded with birthday wishes.
4. Pornography is a no-no, but changing a profile photo or cover photo - to a topless Shakti Kapoor or Tusshar - is fair game.
5. Lastly, before you get busted, which is an inevitable eventuality, share and like the change from your own account.