With international travel getting back to normal after the pandemic, air routes are busier than ever. It is August 2022, and if you are planning a trip, keep an eye out for the busiest domestic and international routes.
Busiest Domestic Airline Routes - August 2022
The busiest domestic airline route in August 2022 is Jeju-Seoul in South Korea.
- Jeju-Seoul was also the busiest domestic route in July 2022. In August 2022, an additional 46,000 were added to the route, nearly 1,500 more per day.
- India's Mumbai-Delhi is also on the list, operating with 5,90,640 passengers in August 2022.
Take a look at the busiest domestic air routes in August 2022 (tap on the aircraft icons for details):
Busiest International Airline Routes - August 2022
- Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur-Singapore topped the international route ranking with 3,25,000 seats; almost 10,500 seats each day - a 6% increase in capacity compared to July 2022, according to OAG.
- With the exception of New York, all the airports serving the busiest routes are located in Europe, the Middle East, or Asia.
- The busiest international route from India is Mumbai-Dubai.