Temba Bavuma's South Africa are currently facing Australia, led by Pat Cummins, in the ICC Men's World Cup 2023 semi-final at Kolkata's Eden Gardens. The proteas won the toss and elected to bat first.
- In a recent interview, President Cyril Ramaphosa extended words of encouragement to the national cricket team as they brace for a pivotal ICC World Cup 2023 semi-final against Australia at Kolkata's Eden Gardens stadium.
- President Ramaphosa also shared his probable plan to attend the World Cup finals in Mumbai on November 19, 2023, if South Africa secure a spot in the big game.
- President Ramaphosa also indicated his potential plan to attend the World Cup finals scheduled in Mumbai on November 19, 2023, contingent upon South Africa's qualification for the prestigious event.
Support for sporting achievements
The South African President has exhibited consistent support for the country's sporting endeavors. Notably, after the South African Rugby team secured victory in the 2023 Rugby World Cup, President Ramaphosa honored the team and announced a national holiday to commemorate their achievement.
I spoke to the Proteas captain Temba Bavuma and encouraged them to remain focused..I also told him that I intend to travel to Mumbai in India to watch them play in the finals
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa
- Temba Bavuma's South Africa are currently facing Australia, led by Pat Cummins, in the ICC Men's World Cup 2023 semi-final at Kolkata's Eden Gardens today.
- South Africa, led by Bavuma, secured the second spot in the group stage, triumphing in 7 out of 9 league matches and accumulating 14 points with a net run rate (NRR) of (+)1.261.
- South Africa won the toss and elected to bat first.