It has been a rough couple of weeks for the Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, who famously fainted and was later diagnosed with pneumonia at an event to mark 15 years of 9/11.
Her "health" has now become the site of American conflict, with rival Trump, after going on and on about Clinton Foundation's "Wall Street connection", finally sank lower than before and took a dig at her age and body.
|Will Donald Trump oblige? (Photo credit: AP)|
It's a no-holds-barred game of thrones and thorns, and Hillary Clinton, who has been driving home the absolute unsuitability of "I love Mexicans" but "they will pay for the wall" Trump to occupy White House, has hit out hard this time.
She has put down 20 questions in a scathing Twitter thread on Trump's commercial ties with countries that pose strategic threats to American security and sovereignty, in the wake of a damning report by journalist Kurt Eichenwald.
In light of @kurteichenwald's report on the Trump Organization's dangerous ties, here are 20 questions that Trump needs to answer—now.— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) September 14, 2016
Here they are:
1. Will you sever ties with your company linked to foreign leaders, questionable organizations, and criminals if you become president?
2. How will you handle non-cancelable contractual obligations with parties whose interests conflict with those of the United States?
3. While refusing to release your tax returns, how will you confirm that you do not have dangerous financial ties to bad actors abroad?
4. If you were willing to work with Qaddafi — a known terrorist and dictator — is there anyone you aren't willing to make a deal with? Who?
5. How can you be tough on Iran, given your business partnership with someone connected to Iranian money laundering?
6. Given that you've already questioned our commitments to NATO allies, what is your answer to this?
7. To what extent would your foreign policy be dictated by potential financial benefits for your business partners?
8. Will you disclose the nature of your personal and business relationships with all of the Russian oligarchs you are “close” to?
9. Have you or your campaign discussed US-Russian relations with the Russian billionaires with whom you've done business?
10. How did the Russian mob boss who ran a criminal organization out of Trump Tower get a VIP pass to your Miss Universe pageant in Moscow?
11. With business ties to politically-connected Indian developers, how can you conduct foreign policy that puts the US above your profits?
12. How can we be sure you'd be willing to be tough on any nation if necessary, if it would put your interests and profits at risk?
13. How can we know you won't (again) impulsively damage relationships with crucial allies to preserve your own ego?
14. We know you engaged extensively in pay-to-play here at home. Have you bribed foreign officials or other parties abroad?
15. To what extent are you and your family currently contractually tied to payments from foreign business partners, or governments?
16. You've mentioned ~120 foreign deals, including in countries with national security implications. Where and with whom are you working?
17. Will your children disclose all of the foreign trips and business deals they've undertaken during the campaign, and with whom they met?
18. We'll let @kurteichenwald ask this one:
19. In sum, how will Trump guarantee that if forced to choose between America's security and his own bank account, he won't pick the latter?
20. It's pretty clear: Trump's spent his life unscrupulously looking out for his own wallet above all. Why would that change as president?
You can read the full thread here.