God of War: Ragnarok is receiving a surprise next week: a free DLC (Downloadable content) called Valhalla featuring a new roguelike mode. Gamers are excited about this unexpected bonus, set to release on December 12, 2023.
What is Valhalla?
- God of War: Ragnarok is scheduled to receive a complimentary DLC on December 12, 2023.
- At The Game Awards 2023, following Kratos' voice actor Christopher Judge's return to the stage, Sony Santa Monica revealed new DLC for the 2018 Game of the Year — God of War: Ragnarok Valhalla
Check out the trailer here:
- After the climactic clash in God of War Ragnarök, the DLC follows Kratos and his bodiless companion Mimir as they delve into dungeons filled with creatures.
- Introducing roguelike elements, Kratos reemerges outside Valhalla's gates upon his demise.
- Sony's blog post states that the Valhalla DLC will blend the combat style of God of War: Ragnarok with innovative elements inspired by the roguelite genre.
- Kratos ditches his usual gear in Valhalla, and players aim for both short-term and lasting rewards.
- He keeps all his weapons and upgraded skills, but each attempt needs a specific shield and Spartan Rage path commitment.
- In Valhalla, should Kratos perish, he'll revive outside the doors for another attempt.
- With each try, players can grasp and adjust to the challenges presented by the DLC.
- In Valhalla, players decide on stat upgrades, perks, runic attacks, and more, shaping each attempt's outcome.
- The DLC also lets players unlock and customise Kratos' armour.
Valhalla difficulty levels
- The Valhalla DLC in God of War Ragnarok will have five difficulty settings, each offering better rewards.
- Players can switch between them during attempts.
- As your skills improve, the DLC encourages trying higher difficulties for more rewards, keeping with God of War Ragnarök's accessibility standards.