The Kanye West vs Pete Davidson one-sided beef over Kim Kardashian has been going on for what feels like ages. In its most recent development, Kanye has responded to the criticism that the video of his new song, Eazy, has brought in.
The video shows Kanye burying a replica of Pete alive in a series of graphic depictions. After the burial, Kanye is also seen planting rose seeds on Pete's head, chopping them when fully grown and loading them up in a pick-up truck. (READ MORE HERE: Kim Kardashian is legally single and Kanye West is being Kanye West)
The video raked in major backlash for its graphic depictions and Kanye has finally responded to all the flak. True to his style, Kanye uploaded a black-and-white Instagram picture of what can be interpreted as a church. The caption on the post says, "Art is therapy just like this view. Art is protected as freedom of speech. Art inspires and simplifies the world. Art is not a proxy for any ill or harm. Any suggestion otherwise about my art is false and mal intended. (sic)"
Photo: Instagram/Kanye West
But what led up to this point and how long has this so-called feud been going on for?
Here is a timeline of all the 'events' that have taken place between Kim, Kanye and Pete (btw, all posts have since been deleted):
FEBRUARY 13, 2022
1. The feud begins when Kanye posted multiple rants on Instagram against Pete. He attacks Pete in 5 different posts that were directly related and unrelated to him. Before this, Kanye was constantly attacking Kim and their children, particularly their oldest; North. (READ MORE HERE: The story of Ye crazy ex, also known as Kanye West)
2. Kanye shares a screenshot of a personal message Pete sent, about having no issues with Kanye and hoping to meet his and Kim's children. Kanye responds by saying that he will never be meeting his children.
3. He then posted a screenshot of Pete and Ariana Grande that suggested that Ariana ended their engangement due to Pete sharing intimate pictures of them with the now-deceased and Ariana's ex-boyfriend, Mac Miller, and captioned it with 'No comment'.
4. Kanye then attacks Pete for his Hillary Clinton tattoo and shares a screenshot of Pete's Instagram post of the tattoo. The post was captioned, "When I tag people I'm just putting together the web. There are a group of people who run media and the election. Thank god for free speech."
5. He also releases an announcement on Instagram that his longtime friend, Kid Cudi, has been removed from his new album, Donda 2 because Cudi is friends with Pete. Cudi responded to the same post by saying, "Too bad I don’t wanna be on ur album u f***in dinosaur hahaha."
Illustration: Seemon, DailyO
6. Finally, Kanye posts a fan-made Civil War poster of him and Pete. The poster featured photos of Drake, Ye's ex-girlfriend Julia Fox, and rappers Travis Scott and Future on his side while on Pete's side Kim, Cudi, Billie and Taylor Swift. His caption read, "THE INTERNET HAS STILL NOT FOUND A DECENT PICTURE OF SKETE (sic)." He also shared more such posters.
Photo: Instagram/Kanye West
7. Again on Instagram, Kanye shifted focus and began to attack ex-wife Kim Kardashian. Kim had texted him, after his attacks on Pete, saying that he was creating a dangerous and scary environment for Pete and that there were dangerous people who could harm him.
Photo: Instagram/Kanye West
8. Kanye responded by uploading a screenshot of the message and a picture from the 2001 film Baby Boy in which Ving Rhames put Tyrese Gibson in a chokehold. The post was captioned, "UPON MY WIFE’S REQUEST PLEASE NOBODY DO ANYTHING PHYSICAL TO SKETE IM GOING TO HANDLE THE SITUATION MYSELF (sic)."
9. After this post, Kim texted Kanye again and asked why was he continuously sharing their private messages. Kanye responded by saying, "Cause I got a text from my favourite person in the world....I’m your number one fan. Why Wouldn’t I tell everyone!!!! (sic) to the message and shared the screenshot.
10. Kanye had also reportedly, sent a truckload of roses to Kim on Valentine's Day and the truck had a message that read, "My Vision is Krystal Klear."
11. Kim and Pete did not react to any of his Instagram rants and were seen out for a Valentine's Day dinner together. Annoyed, Kanye shared a screenshot of their picture from the night and posted a very intense caption. (READ MORE HERE: Kanye is Kim Kardashian's Number 1 fan. The world is scared for her)
12. Kanye finally apologises to Kim, and to Kim only, for his rants from the previous two days. He wrote, "I’ve learned that using all caps makes people feel like I’m screaming at them. I’m working on my communication. I can benefit from a team of creative professionals, organizers, mobilizers and community leaders. Thank everybody for supporting me. I know sharing screen shots was jarring and came off as harassing Kim. I take accountability. I’m still learning in real time. I don’t have all the answers. To be good leader is to be a good listener (sic)." (READ MORE HERE: Kanye says sorry to Kim for ALL-CAPS Instagram posts. Internet reacts with a frown)
13. After a few days of Kanye's rants, Kim finally responds and asks the judge overseeing her and Kanye's divorce to allow her to be 'legally' single citing that Kanye's recent behaviour had caused emotional distress to her. (READ MORE HERE: Kim reacts to Kanye West's attacks. Finally.)
14. The court filing read, "Mr West, by his actions, has made it clear that he does not accept that the parties’ marital relationship is over. Mr West has disseminated on social media the parties’ private communications and misinformation about personal family matters and co-parenting, which has caused emotional distress. Terminating marital status should help Mr West to accept that the parties' marital relationship is over and to move forward on a better path which will assist in peacefully co-parenting the parties' children."
15. The court allows Kim to drop 'West' from her name, return to her maiden name and be 'legally' single. At the time, an insider told ENews, "Kim is feeling a huge sense of relief now that she has been declared legally single. She is very happy and feels she is one step closer to reclaiming her independence and being able to move on in her life."
16. On the day of this announcement, Kanye releases the controversial video for Eazy. The video also has the message, "EVERYONE LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER / EXCEPT
SKETE YOU KNOW WHO / JK HE'S FINE."
17. On this day, Entertainment Tonight reports that Pete found the Eazy music video 'hysterical'. A source told ET, "He finds the fact that Kanye included a cartoon version of him in his music video hysterical. He is almost flattered by it all because it is so ridiculous to him."
18. The source also told ET that Pete is completely not threatened by Kanye's attacks.